Operating System - HP-UX
1748287 Members
3217 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Building DLL for MATLAB on HPUX 11 (Problem with libU77.a)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Thompson_3

Building DLL for MATLAB on HPUX 11 (Problem with libU77.a)

We are trying to create a shared libray for MATLAB on HPUX 11 and we cannot resolve links to etime_ and other system fuctions. I can buld an executable that resolves these references by using the U77 option, but, I cannot include /usr/fortran90/lib/libU77.a in the .sl as it is not built with the +Z option. How do I get hold of a copy of the library compiled with +Z?
3 REPLIES 3
Ermin Borovac
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Building DLL for MATLAB on HPUX 11 (Problem with libU77.a)

Of course you can contact HP and see if you can get it recompiled with +Z for you.

Another option is to go 64-bit and use the library in /opt/fortran90/lib/pa20_64/libU77.a. 64-bit compilers produce PIC code by default, so you should be able to create your shared library.
Andrew Thompson_3

I was able to get around the problem by rebuilding all my fortran libraries without using the +U77 option. However, if we have to have the +U77 for other reasons I will look into the options that you suggested.
Thank you for your time.
Andrew Thompson_3

Rebuilding all my libraries without +U77 fortran compiler option fixed the problem, So untill I talk to the person who invoked that option to find out why we need it I have a work around solution.