1752440 Members
5706 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot Build DBD::MaxDB module

Moumita Paul

Cannot Build DBD::MaxDB module

Hi,
I am trying to compile the DBD:MAXDB module with PERL. I have got the following configuration on my system:
gcc version 3.3.3
Perl 5.8.1 (built with gcc) for HPUX 11.11 system.

Both PERL and gcc are from Merijn's website.
The PERL build came bundled with DBI-1.3. I could successfully compile DB-1.5. However, as I try to compile the DBD::MAxDB module, I get numerous errors at the 'make test' stage.

MAXDB version installed:
DBD-MaxDB-7.6.00.16
SQLDBC version: maxdb-sqldbc-hpux-64bit-hppa-7_6_00_16
DBD::MaxDB version: DBD-MaxDB-7.6.00.16

"perl Makefile.PL" and "make" give no errors.
The errors I'm getting at the "make test" stage are of the kind:
Unsatisfied data symbol '__bad_exception' in load module '/home/sdb/lib/lib64/libSQLDBC_C.sl'

Unsatisfied code symbol '__dl__FPv' in load module '/home/sdb/lib/lib64/libSQLDBC_C.sl

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Cannot Build DBD::MaxDB module

Both these symbols are in the aC++ lib libCsup.2. You can't mix g++ and aCC code.
Moumita Paul

Hello Denis,
So what do you suggest that I do? Do you recommend getting a PERL build that has been compiled with aCC, or should I try to somehow 'force' the use of the other compiler? If possible, I would like to use the PERL module from Merjin's website. Therefore, please help me out with some explicit steps.
Many thanks
Moumita
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>So what do you suggest that I do? Do you recommend getting a PERL build that has been compiled with aCC

It appears that /home/sdb/lib/lib64/libSQLDBC_C.sl has been compiled with aC++. (You might be able to check with "/usr/ccs/bin/elfdump -dc libSQLDBC_C.sl" .) If you don't have the source to that lib, you will have to compile perl with aC++.

(I assume this is a 64 bit application because of lib64/ and 64bit above?)

I assume you perl and g++ from http://www.merijn.org/ ?