1751971 Members
4750 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot map text for library</usr/lib/hpux32/libdl.so.1>

Norman Lowe
Frequent Advisor

Cannot map text for library</usr/lib/hpux32/libdl.so.1>

Okay, I've made a major faux pas and ended up with the wrong file permisions on the above library file, 664. Now I can't run any commands at all (they all result in the above error) and so I can't change the permissions back to what they should be. Any ideas how I can fix this? Help!!!
5 REPLIES 5
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Norman:

I'd suggest booting into single user mode (where '/usr' isn't mounted); then mount '/usr' and us '/sbin/chmod' to rectify the permissions on the library file.

Regards!

...JRF...
Norman Lowe
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. I was rather hoping I wouldn't need to do any sort of reboot as there are rather a lot of users on the machine who don't like any downtime (even though its just developement). Oh well.
Norman Lowe
Frequent Advisor

It's okay. I was able to run /sbin/chmod without a reboot, and it's now fixed. Phew!
Mounaam
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

if you still have a shell, why not using the static binary version /sbin/chmod +x ?

Regards.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I've made a major faux pas and ended up with the wrong file permissions on the above library file, 664.

Did you figure out why you made this mistake? The permissions of shlibs should be 555. Where there more shlibs changed? You could use "swverify \*" to check.