108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compile samba with krb5

SOLVED
Go to solution
uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Compile samba with krb5

I want to compile latest samba3 with krb5.

Works fine (compile at least) with heimdal,but when i try to join ads cannot find kdc,i have tried dns enabled

and not in krb5.conf.

So i try to compile with krb5-client of hp

./configure   --prefix=/opt/samba   --libdir=/opt/samba/lib   --bindir=/opt/samba/bin   --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin   --mandir=/opt/samba/man   --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private   --localstatedir=/var/opt/samba   --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-swatdir=/opt/samba/swat   --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba/log/  --enable-cups   --enable-external-libtalloc=no   --enable-static=no   --enable-shared=yes   --with-acl-support=yes   --with-automount   --with-quotas   --with-syslog   --with-utmp   --with-libsmbclient   --with-winbind   --with-ldap   --with-krb5=base-dir=/opt/krb5client   --with-ads CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/krb5client/include' LDFLAGS=' -L /opt/krb5client/lib/hpux32' 

after make give error.

Smbd can't find libgssapi

any suggestion?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX>System Administration to Languages and Scripting. -HP Forum Moderator

12 REPLIES 12
uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Compiling smbd/msg_idmap.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: Can't find library for -lgssapi
Fatal error.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1781: recipe for target 'bin/smbd' failed

The error

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Another error,samba3 on hpux 11.23,samba is 3.6.23

i use this configure

CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' LDFLAGS=' -L/usr/local/lib/ -lintl -z ignore -z lazyload' ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba3  --enable-shared=yes  --enable-static=no --with-acl-support --with-aio-support --with-pam --with-winbind --with-ads --enable-nss-wrapper --with-shared-modules=vfs_zfsacl,vfs_prealloc,vfs_cacheprime,vfs_commit,idmap_ldap,idmap_tdb2,idmap_rid,idmap_ad,idmap_hash,idmap_adex --with-readline --with-ads --with-ldap --with-automount --with-dnsupdate=no --with-krb5=/usr/local --with-privatedir=/var/opt/samba3/private --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba3 --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-statedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-cachedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba3/log

error givern

Compiling lib/srprs.c
In file included from lib/srprs.c:28:
lib/cbuf.h:179: error: expected declaration specifiers or тАШ...тАЩ before тАШuint32_tтАЩ
The following command failed:
)
*** Codice di uscita errore 1

Stop.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>lib/cbuf.h:179: error: expected declaration specifiers or тАШ...тАЩ before тАШuint32_tтАЩ

What's around that line in that file?

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba3  --enable-shared=yes  --enable-static=no  --with-acl-support  --with-aio-support  --with-pam  --with-winbind  --enable-nss-wrapper --with-readline  --with-ads  --with-ldap  --with-automount  --with-dnsupdate=no  --with-krb5=/opt/krb5client  --with-privatedir=/var/opt/samba3/private  --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba3  --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-statedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-cachedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba3/log  ac_cv_lib_rt_fdatasync=no  ac_cv_have_fdatasync_decl=no ac_cv_lib_ext_rt_fdatasync=no CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/krb5client/include' LDFLAGS=' -L/opt/krb5client/lib -L/opt/krb5client/lib/gss'

Samba3 hpux-11.31

same error.

Compiling smbd/msg_idmap.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: Can't find library for -lgssapi

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

On Solaris 10 someone make samba package working fine with ssl,ldap and kerberos

they use mit krb5,so i try to compile it but

cm.c:43: warning: no previous prototype for тАШk5_getcurtimeтАЩ
        gcc -fPIC -DSHARED  -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/krb5mit/lib\" -I../../../include -I../../../include -I../../../util/profile  -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1  -DKRB5_PRIVATE   -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-format-zero-length -Woverflow -Wstrict-overflow -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-prototypes -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wunknown-pragmas -Wsign-compare -Werror=uninitialized -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=variadic-macros -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -c dnsglue.c -o dnsglue.so.o && mv -f dnsglue.so.o dnsglue.so
dnsglue.c: In function тАШkrb5int_dns_initтАЩ:
dnsglue.c:106: error: implicit declaration of function тАШres_initтАЩ
dnsglue.c:126: error: implicit declaration of function тАШres_searchтАЩ
dnsglue.c: In function тАШkrb5int_dns_expandтАЩ:
dnsglue.c:211: error: implicit declaration of function тАШdn_expandтАЩ
dnsglue.c: In function тАШkrb5int_dns_nextansтАЩ:
dnsglue.c:318: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
*** Codice di uscita errore 1

Stop.

No way?

:(

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>dnsglue.c:106: error: implicit declaration of function тАШres_initтАЩ

res_init, res_search and dn_expand are mentioned in resolver(3N) but I don't see any actual declarations in resolv.h.

They seem to be defined in libc.so.

So either you need to modify resolv.h to add the prototypes or remove -Werror-implicit-function-declaration from your build.

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Ok,i will try it

Thanks

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

I have remove implicit-function-declaration
from makefile
Compile.same error