108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compiler Parallel Support Library

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dan Matlock_1
Regular Advisor

Compiler Parallel Support Library

Does anyone now what this is used for, and could I remove/reinstall this without harming the OS?

Basically our DBAs are trying to install oracle 9i and have stated that they require: /opt/langtools directory and believe the 'CPS' product installs this code.....?
3 REPLIES 3
TwoProc
Honored Contributor
Solution

On one of my servers I see that the /opt/langtools stuff came from the named package "C-Dev-Tools" which describes itself as "C Language Development Tools" in the "Information" column. And, you must purchase a license to that package.

On the other hand. I'm not so sure that you must have the ansi C package to install/run/maintain the Oracle Database. When I rebuild the items in $ORACLE_HOME//*.mk files - they all just call and run "ld" heavily.

So, although I've always had the ansi-C compilers, I'd be surprised to hear that you actually need them for just the database installation.

Have you tried installing without it? If sucessful, try to rebuild the binaries afterwards (should do that anyway), and that will tell the story.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Devesh Pant_1
Esteemed Contributor

I can see the directory /opt/langtools on all of my Oracle 9i servers but I never had to install it or remove it. I dont see any process accessing the directory.

thanks
DP
Dan Matlock_1
Regular Advisor

put this research on hold, because my DBAs have come back to me and said they don't require this after all.