4624 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FTAM problem

Tomasz Olejniczak
Occasional Contributor

FTAM problem

Hello all,

I have a problem with copying files via FTAM protocol.
My program is written in C++ and is quide simple, sequence of commands is taken from the HP examples:

ft_connect
ft_bgroup
ft_select
ft_rattributes
ft_open
ft_egroup
em_wait

I have two devices that I am connecting to. The one of them does not have any problems and files are copied to and from it succesfully. But the second device has some troubles, and em_wait returns such error for the ft_select:
return_code = (FTE035) Confirmation failed
vendor_code = (FTV000) No additional information available.

I checked that I am able to copy the file using the ftam command from this device - so connection is OK.
I also noticed that the device responses much slower that the first (working) device, so I suppose that the confirmation was not received in specified time.

How to solve this problem? Is there any way to increase the waiting-for-confirmation-time?
Or how to swich on some tracing for the ftam_init process?

Thanks,

Tomasz

PS. If I missed the category please point me the right one.
2 REPLIES 2
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Perhaps this document helps:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B1033-90014/B1033-90014.pdf

There are some code examples in chapter-10.

Regards!

...JRF...
Tomasz Olejniczak
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!
I read those examples, my code mostly bases on them, and it works fine in most cases.

The problem is only with one device, which is probably slower than the rest.

I am using asynchronous calls, and all requests are submitted to the ftam_init process. The error is probably because the device not responds to ftam_init in specified time.
How can I change the timeout for the ftam_init process? Is there any configuration file or global extern variables?

Thanks

Tomek