1748038 Members
5087 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FTP copy file

Igor Fosic
Occasional Contributor

FTP copy file

Is there any way to copy file through FTP (DECnet is not working between hosts) in way like I did it through DECnet.
Example
$ copy/log disk0:[000000...]*.*/since=yest/mod -
remote_host::disk0:[000000...]*.*

thans
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

Igor,

if your VMS/TCPIP is sufficiently up-to-date,
you could do a COPY/FTP.

Pls. see the HELP COPY /FTP text.

mfg Kalle
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I think /SINCE has not been implemented for COPY/FTP :-)

I guess something creative could be dine with selecting a set of files with DIR and
this http://dcl.openvms.org/stories.php?story=05/01/21/1424401

Neither /mod is implemented.
COPY/FTP use only ftp features.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Daniel Fernandez Illan
Trusted Contributor

Igor,
Also you must define local/remote_host on tcp/ip hosts records and include in remote_host a proxy record (if it uses TCP/IP on VMS) including local_host and local/remote users.
Saludos, Daniel.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Igor,

I have done something similar. If you are limited to FTP, a three step process is used.
- Generate a directory listing to a file
- Parse and identify the relevant listed files
- execute the FTP command file generated in the previous step

I am about to run for a meeting, but if my recollection is correct, the command options for username and password exist on the relevant DCL commands (COPY/FTP and DIRECTORY/FTP) will accept the DECnet-style node specification (" "::) as part of the DCL from/to files. It is available on TCPIP 5.4, and probably earlier, although offhand I do not remember the precise point at which this appeared.

I hope that the above is helpful.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Pim van Velzen
Advisor

If you configure DECnet-plus on both VMS-systems for DECnet-over-IP, you can transparantly use the copy-command with all your favourite qualifiers.
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

There are two ways you copy files (and directories)using all qualifiers. First is using DECnet-plus on both VMS-systems configured for DECnet-over-IP. That is not easy if you are using DECNET fase IV.
Second way is using NFS. If you are using script that copies important files from one node to another, you can export directory on one system and mount it on another. You can work with NFS mounted disk like it is your local disk.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster