108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Perl conflicts with other perl-installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

HP Perl conflicts with other perl-installation

We have two perl-installations on a HP/IA64-Machine. The "normal" perl is in /opt/perl... and is used by webmin, and the other perl is in /usr/local/bin/perl and I had to install it in order to compile RRDtools. Now I want to install Webminstats, which requires RRDs-Module. But when I try to install this module from the rrd-source directory using first perl Makefile.PL and then make test (as written in the README), I get this error:

Make: Don't know how to make /opt/perl_64/lib/5.8.3/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi-LP64/CORE/libperl.a. Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

So, I think that both perl-Installations conflict in some way, but I don't know how to solve the problem, in other words how to install the RRDs-Module to the "normal" perl.
Thanks for all ideas!
4 REPLIES 4
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Perl conflicts with other perl-installation

use the full path, and then it *should* not complain.

# /usr/local/my/path/to/bin/perl Makefile.PL
# make
# make test
# make install

Should work.

I have about 3 to 8 different perl distributions on each system, built with C-ANSI-C or perl and 32 or 64 bit, and I have no such conflicts

Mind you that 32bit `things' (libs and binaries) do NOT mix. So if either of the two perl's is a 64bit perl and you want to build against a 32bit rdd lib, that simply will not work.

Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

Both perl are 64bit. Could it be, that there is no 64bit Versoion of the RRDs-Module, so that it couldn't be created when I first compiled RRDtool?
It should be normally created.
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Might be. I have no idea what RDD is. Sorry.
My FAQ tells all about 32/64 bit questions, but I think you already know those answers.

http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/faq.html

Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

Thank you.