5385 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing Sun-Oracle´s JDK 1.6 Java SE 6 Update 25 in HP-UX 11i v1 PARISC

aogsg2000

Installing Sun-Oracle´s JDK 1.6 Java SE 6 Update 25 in HP-UX 11i v1 PARISC

Hello,

I have a doubt:

Can I install Oracle/Sun´s JDK 1.6 Java SE 6 in someone HP-UX 11i v1 PARISC server?

Thanks a lot.

Antonio

P.S.This thread has been moved from  HP-UX > System Administration to HP-UX > languages -HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Oracle/Sun does not provide JDK for HP-UX: neither for PA-RISC nor for Itanium. Anything you might download from Oracle/Sun won't work in HP-UX.

But HP gets the JDK source code from Oracle/Sun, ports it for HP-UX and packages it into familiar HP-UX software depots.

You can download the ported versions at:
http://www.hp.com/go/java

Note: JDK 1.6 has several OS patch requirements, especially for an old HP-UX version like 11i v1. The required patch levels for each JDK version are listed here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/hpuxjava-patchinfo/index.html

Make sure your system is patched to the required level before attempting to run any Java applications with your new JDK.

MK
MK
aogsg2000

Hello Matti,

Firstly, thank you. Other question:

- Then, if JBOSS Applicattion Server 5.1.0GA is certificated for SUN JDK 1.6 then, Could I think that JBOSS Applicattion Server 5.1.0GA is certificated and compliant for HP-JDK 1.6?

Thanks a lot!

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Each HP JDK should be functionally identical to the respective Oracle/Sun JDK version. If there are any exceptions, they should be clearly documented in the release notes. (I would expect those exceptions, if any exist, to be minor and mostly related to the properties of HP-UX.)

So yes, it should work. But "certificated"? That would usually mean that someone responsible for that certification has tested JBoss on a specific JDK version on a specific hardware platform, i.e. HP-UX/PA-RISC or HP-UX/Itanium. Open-source projects may not have resources to test all possible hardware/JDK combinations with their software.

MK
MK