Operating System - HP-UX
1752589 Members
4374 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Involking Netscape Navigator on HP-UX11.11using java when Locale =ja_JP.eucJP

ams_2

Involking Netscape Navigator on HP-UX11.11using java when Locale =ja_JP.eucJP

Hi,

I have installed Netscape Navigator 4.79 along with japanese language package on HP-UX 11.11.

when my locale is set to english and i try to involke netscape by the below java command it is involked properly.

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/opt/netscape/netscape"+" "+"file:///opt/help/jp/index.htm");

While the same if I try with japanese loclae ja_JP.euc.JP doesnot return any response for the test program.
While with the same locale if i involke the netscape on command line
/opt/netscape/netscape file:///opt/help/jp/index.htm works proberly

IS here any problem with java and japanese locale are any more patches required.

Please let me Know........

The attached file contains the products installed on my machine.Is any thing else required

6 REPLIES 6
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Re: Involking Netscape Navigator on HP-UX11.11using java when Locale =ja_JP.eucJP

I'm putting my $0.2 cents here!
HP-UX 11.11 comes with Mozilla installed!
Also, during the installation did you select the languanges to be installed. It could be the case!

"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
ams_2

Hi XMAN

Yes the japanese language was selected while
installation even i can login in japanese
mode
Also i can see the japanese page if the page is involked by command line only if i use java to involke the page in japanese locale
the process fail

Thanks for your cents waiting for few more.........dollars

Norman_21
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if that will help since I don't have Netscape but I'm using Mozilla that came with the 11i. However, here is a link to Java for HP-UX, you might need to install the runtime.
http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/

I hope it's a Dollar this time(just kidding)
Thanks.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
ams_2

I think this link might help as java seems to be the problem .

would get back soon..
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Please keep us updated on what you have done to fix the problem and take my advise buddy. leave the points for later so that the peers will know which one solved your problem.

Just a thought!
ams_2

I was just trapped in the problem
its still the same .........

I am taking a break.

I would be updating as soon as i start tracking it