New Discussion юеВ

Re: Make -error

SOLVED
Go to solution
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Make -error

I am trying to compile TK

I was successful in the first step "perl Makefile.PL" and then I was to run the next step "make"

it went thru but at the end it gave me the error I am not sure why it is giving me this error.

gcc -c -I.. -I/usr/include/X11R6 -I. -Ibitmaps -I/usr/include/X11R6 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_HPUX_SOURCE -L/lib/pa1.1 -D
UINT32_MAX_BROKEN -mpa-risc-1-1 -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O -DV
ERSION=\"800.024\" -DXS_VERSION=\"800.024\" -fPIC -I/opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/CORE -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -Wno-
comment -Wno-unused -D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__ ClientWin.c
as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
as: "/var/tmp/ccsklTib.s", line 22: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - NSUBSPA
as: "/var/tmp/ccsklTib.s", line 93: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - NSUBSPA
as: "/var/tmp/ccsklTib.s", line 94: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - PARAM
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

I am using gcc 3.0.4 ?

Thanks
New to HP
14 REPLIES 14
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor
Solution

You need to install GNU binutils to get the "as" binary so you can complile the source. Once installed make sure you set your PATH so not to use the HPUX version of the "as" binary.
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Please if somebody could look at the attached file and tell me why I am getting the error at the end of the file.

I have attached all the logs for the installation of TK800.24

The 3 steps I did

1. perl Makefile.PL
2. make
3. make test

Appreciate your time...
New to HP
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Thanks anyway I got it...

New to HP
John McDen
Regular Advisor

All thru the installation went ok but now when I try to run the demo it gives me this error any ideas ?? Please..

#./demos/widget
Tk::Event object version 800.024 does not match $Tk::Event::XS_VERSION 800.022 at /opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/DynaLo
ader.pm line 225.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/Tk.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/Tk.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at ./demos/widget line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./demos/widget line 5.

Thanks for your time..
New to HP
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

What did you compile Perl on? 5.6.1 is not HP's standard release. and how old is your box? looks like that version of perl was compiled for PA-Risc 1.1.
John McDen
Regular Advisor

What did you compile Perl on? 5.6.1 is not HP's standard release. and how old is your box? looks like that version of perl was compiled for PA-Risc 1.1.

Yates,

Perl 5.6.1 was alredy on the system since I have joined this company (4 weeks ago). Is there a work around for this ? How do I fix this?

New to HP
hpuxrox
Respected Contributor

Try changing your PATH to use the orginal version of perl.

/usr/contrib/bin/perl

But this is hard to say if it will fix your problem. It may require a little hacking around to find the an answer to your problem.

Feel free to repost more questions my friend I will be glad to help.
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Yates,

I tried with #!/usr/contrib/bin/perl -w but still not luck...

What should I do ? Please help
New to HP
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi John

Can you try compiling on cc instead of gcc . This is possible if you atelast ahve a runtime version of cc installed in the machine.
Or may be perl is trying to use cc compiler . Do a which cc ? HP default comes with a perl installed under /usr/contrib/bin/perl which is like version 4.0 .

Manoj Srivastava