1748252 Members
3895 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mismatched Data ABI. Expected None but found EF_IA_64_ABI64

Divakar Goel

Mismatched Data ABI. Expected None but found EF_IA_64_ABI64

Hi,

I am trying to compile a c program in HP-UX 64bit box. I am getting error as below:

Error:

(Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-Aa" is unsupported in the bundled compiler, ignored.
(Bundled) cc: warning 901: unknown option: `+DA2.0W': use +help for online documentation.
(Bundled) cc: warning 922: "+e" is unsupported in the bundled compiler, ignored.
Warning 129: "/usr/include/sys/stdsyms.h", line 19 # Redefinition of macro '_INCLUDE_POSIX_SOURCE' differs from previous
definition at [Unknown position].
# define _INCLUDE_POSIX_SOURCE
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ld: Mismatched Data ABI. Expected None but found EF_IA_64_ABI64 in file /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/libApiDS64.sl
Fatal error.

The command that I am using is as below:

cc -D_INCLUDE_POSIX_SOURCE -Aa +DA2.0W db2uext2.c -o db2uext2 -I/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/sample +e /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/libApiDS64.sl

$ uname -a
HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64

Where am I wrong?

Regards,
Divakar
2 REPLIES 2
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Mismatched Data ABI. Expected None but found EF_IA_64_ABI64

Hi:

You are using the feature-less C compiler that comes free with HP-UX.

You need to purchase/install the Ansi C compiler.

Regards!

...JRF...
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Mismatched Data ABI. Expected None but found EF_IA_64_ABI64

You are doing several things wrong. You should not be using the bundled C compiler for development. You need to purchase the C/C++ bundle. Or get gcc.

For IPF (and PA) you should be using +DD64 and not +DA2.0W. But why are you using 64 bit in the first place?

-D_INCLUDE_POSIX_SOURCE is not valid. You should look at stdsyms(5). The proper format is -D_POSIX_SOURCE.