4776 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Missing hppac.h

Speedware
Frequent Advisor

Missing hppac.h

Hello,

I am trying to compile a Hpux 11.00 application from hpux PA-RISC to Hpux itanium (hpux 11.22). When trying compile objs its complaining that hppac.h (packed decimal for Mpe) is missing. I search everywhere on my Itanium box, nothing. On my other hpux box (PA-risc 10.20 and 11.00) its there. I did big search with one of the function in all include files to see if the name of the hppac.h did not changed between os version
when I look at the man documentation on Rex its telling me that that it should be in hppac.h.
But I don't see any hppac.h anywhere ...
(find / -name hppac.h -print)

So my question is hppac.h (3000-mode packed-decimal library) still supported on itanium ? or it was renamed ? or that I am missing something else ?
9 REPLIES 9
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing hppac.h

I have checked for hppac.h on 11.23 itanium. No header files. On google too only two responses :)

Try to remove the header file included in the source of application and build now!!

can you get now?
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Hi,

I checked both the 11.22 and 11.23 source branches and I couldn't find any reference to this header file. Yet, the man page for hppac still exists and references the header file.

So something got missed - either HP was going to eliminate this feature and forgot about the man page or still supports the feature and forgot to deliver the header file.

My recommendation would be to try taking the hppac.h file from the most current system you can find with it, which may be 11.11, and try putting that header file on the 11.22 system and see if it works. I really doubt we would have changed this functionality in 11.22, as I can't imagine a strictly Itanium-based version of HP 3000 packed decimal.

If that doesn't work, my next step would be to open a call with HP and ask them what happened to the header file.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

This is from an 11.00 system:
# swlist -l file |grep hppac.h
ProgSupport.C-INC: /usr/include/hppac.h

So we need to see if there is a 11.22 equivalent to ProgSupport.C-INC.

Be back with an update.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Hi Cheryl,

The same fileset exists on my 11.23 system and includes lots and lots of header files, but hppac.h isn't one of them.

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Hello Dave,
In the past it was the ansic product that installed ProgSupport. Any compiler except cobol should have put it there.

I can't find anything, yet, about it being obsoleted.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Me either, and I've installed the ANSI-C compiler on my 11.23 box.

Dave
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo
Speedware
Frequent Advisor

We don't have hpux 11.11 box. I took one from hpux 11.00. At compile time does not give any erros but I don't if its really is working until QA tested it out.

But should I still place a call at HP concerning this issue ?
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

I just compared checksum values of the 11.0 and 11i version of hppac.h and they match, so you have the latest version I know of.

I'd still recommend contacting HP and at least letting them know about the problem. Most likely they'll just include the hppac.h header file you've already got in a future patch.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor