9307 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need script for smoke test

Vishal_1980
Regular Advisor

Need script for smoke test

Hello expert,

I need to do the smoke test for my hosted application.

In that there are more than 10 URL's whihc i need to copy in  IE ...& take the out put & paste it in a word pad .

For the application patch upgrade i need to do that for every customer & it is time consuming.

I just need that is there any thing that  i can put that URL in a single file ,run it & the out put will be get copied in the word docs.

For the security reason it was hard for me to provide the URL...

Request you to please help me out....

Thanks & have a great day ahead,

With best regards,

Vishal....

6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Where do you expect to run this script, HP-UX?

RJHall
Frequent Advisor

Do you mean something like using 'wget' to pull the html file, then run it through a filter script to strip off the HTML tags? Or perhaps 'html2doc' to convert the HTML to a Word doc?

Vishal_1980
Regular Advisor

Hi Hall,

Yes few are for HP-UX & few for AIX as well.However the given URL's are need to be run from my desktop as well.As this is quite a time consuming process i need to minimize some time so that i can utilize my time for other activity. Is there any option of creating some shell program or batch file ..please let me know. I just need to copy paste this url in IE & the output shall be club in the word docs.

Thanks & with regards,
Vishal
Vishal_1980
Regular Advisor

I am new to this can you please provide me the solution ..that will be great help for me....

Regard,
Vishal
Vishal_1980
Regular Advisor

Or perhaps 'html2doc' to convert the HTML to a Word doc?

Yes exactly convert HTML to doc .......every time i need to copy paste single URL & coy paste the out put to the word pad..i just need to automate this process.....
Vishal_1980
Regular Advisor

Will any one please assist me in this regard...

Thanks
Vishal