1753499 Members
4664 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OpenSSH build w/ tcpwrappers fails

Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Change library search path to the libwrap.a alsp and include path to tcpd.h more as,

-L/ with compiler. It will work.

It is usual that it will generate when not seeing libraries and header files in the path.

-Muthu
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Hello Denver, you can check in config.log to find out where exactly it checks for libwrap.a or libwrap.sl and edit your configure script accordingly. Or you can export LD_LIB_PATH to point to libwrap.a or libwrap.sl

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Based on the platform change the setting of, SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(64 bit only). (It is needed for run time.)

Just add the path of library to library inclusion path and header files to header file inclusion path. It will work.

-Muthu

Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

I tried setting path to lib and header for tcp-wrappers, but configure script still failed. Then decided to download source for tcp-wrappers from hpux porting and archive centre and built my own libwrap. pointing lib path and include header to my libwrap seemed to do it.

Could be my /usr/lib/libwrap.a or /usr/include/tcpd.h files were corrupt. I'll have to look into that later, but for now the build went fine.

thanks to all who responded!
-denver