1757083 Members
2209 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems installing DBD::Oracle with CPAN

Chris LaForce

Problems installing DBD::Oracle with CPAN

Hello,
I'm kind of new to perl and using cpan for installation, and am having problems installing DBD::Oracle. I have CPAN setup to install under our non-root account as I'm not the admin, and it looks like it is having problems untaring the packages when trying to install. Here is the output from CPAN:

/opt/gp02/sbin/.cpan/CPAN$perl -MCPAN -eshell

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.9301)
ReadLine support enabled

cpan[1]> install DBD::Oracle
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.15)
Going to read /opt/gp02/sbin/.cpan/Metadata
Database was generated on Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:27:10 GMT
CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.68)
Going to read 3 yaml files from /opt/gp02/sbin/.cpan/build/
CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.86)
............................................................................DONE
Restored the state of 2 (in 0.2085 secs)
Running install for module 'DBD::Oracle'
Running make for P/PY/PYTHIAN/DBD-Oracle-1.23.tar.gz
Unwrapping had some problem, won't try again without force
Had problems unarchiving. Please build manually
Running make test
Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, won't install

Let me know what you think. I have attatched my MyConfig.pm. Also, let me know if there is anything else configuration wise you need(server is Itanium).
Thanks,

Chris.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris LaForce

Sorry,
Here is my MyConfig.pm.
kobylka
Valued Contributor

Hello Chris!

Let's see what your Archive-Tar version is:

# perl -MArchive::Tar -e 'print $Archive::Tar::VERSION."\n"'

Kind regards,

Kobylka
Chris LaForce

Thanks for the reply. Looks like there may be some problems here. Suggestions?

/opt/gp02/sbin$ perl -MArchive::Tar -e 'print $Archive::Tar::VERSION."\n"'
Can't locate Package/Constants.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/bin /opt/gp02/sbin/lib/lib/perl5/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi /opt/gp02/sbin/lib/lib/perl5 /opt/gp02/sbin/lib/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi /opt/gp02/sbin/lib/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi /opt/perl_32/lib/5.8.8 /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl /opt/perl_32/lib/vendor_perl/5.8.8/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi /opt/perl_32/lib/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /opt/perl_32/lib/vendor_perl .) at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar/Constant.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar/Constant.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar/File.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar/File.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/perl_32/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Archive/Tar.pm line 18.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Thanks,

Chrisl
kobylka
Valued Contributor

Hi!

Install the package, from cpan:

install Archive::Tar

and follow all dependencies to check they get installed correctly. Once Archive::Tar is installed rerun the install for DBD::Oracle.

It could also happen that you need to install Archive::Tar manually since cpan itself needs Archive::Tar to install the Archive::Tar package (it uses it to untar the downloaded package in *.tar.gz format).

If install Archive::Tar gives you the same error as with DBD::Oracle install it manually:

http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html

Kind regards,

Kobylka