New Discussion юеВ

Re: Python Installation - Execute Permissions

SOLVED
Go to solution
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

well the simple answer is it depends.
I say that as I have seen this origionally where Oracle binaries are compiled on a PARISC 2.0 serevr, then copied to a PARISC 1.x server.
Some of the exectuables wporked, others failed with exactly the same symptoms you see. I am not exactly a compiler or language expert, so I do not have a definitive answer as to why.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
GBR
Regular Advisor

But if you were rebuilding this old box, would you be recommending compiling the source for each app, so I don't end up with issue downs the road? From what I can see it hard to find compiled binaries for PA-RISC 2.0, so I pretty much have no option.

I'm new to the Unix world of installing apps, and I'm assuming that if perform the compilation right on the box, to do the install, that it will work way better than trying to install the PA-RISC 2.0 depots.

GBR
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Can any PA-RISC 2 compiled code run on PA-RISC 1.1? or do I have to compile all the code on my system for the PA-RISC 1.1 architecture to work properly.

No. Yes, you should compile with +DAportable.

> I ask because I installed Perl with for PA-RISC 2.0 and it seems to work.

I don't see how. Unless it just says for PA2.0 and not "Only for PA 2.0".
GBR
Regular Advisor

Thanks to all.