4415 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XPADE

SOLVED
Go to solution

Eder Urruela,

> So i have the following doubts, I'm doing it right, and I will not find ELF file errors because im not using the linker well.

Without using a linker (directly or indirectly through cc) you could not get any executable, the final program.

> And the second, when I have finally the program, how can i execute it, I should execute it under XPADE or as if it where a normal program?

You could execute the generated executable in IA itself with the help of ARIES. For more information about ARIES please refer to: www.hp.com/go/aries

Regards,
Kannan
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>and to the linker,
>the ar linker is in the path

ar(1) is the archiver, not the linker.
Both ar and ld are in that path.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Hello when I try to link the final exe file, called ivibuild I have the following error message.

/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/ccs/lbin/ld32: Unsatisfied symbols:
XtShellStrings (first referenced in ../../lib/libZtddServ.a) (data)
XtStrings (first referenced in ../../lib/libZtddServ.a) (data)
XtWindowOfObject (first referenced in ../../lib/libZtddServ.a) (code)
*** Error exit code 1

I had the same problem when I compiled this program without the XPADE, and I solved it adding the library /usr/lib/hpux32/libXt.so.1. which have the missing symbols.

but now it isn't a the solution because it duplicates many simbols.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

> I had the same problem when I compiled this program without the XPADE, and I solved it adding the library /usr/lib/hpux32/libXt.so.1 which have the missing symbols. but now it isn't a the solution because it duplicates many simbols

Are you directly including /usr/lib/hpux32/libXt.so.1 (in the link line)? If so, it is incorrect. You should use -lXt. For the XPADE compilation (linking) it will pickup the appropriate libXt from /opt/XPADE/v2/usr/lib/libXt.*
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

>/opt/XPADE/v2/usr/lib/libXt.*

I don't have that libary in my XPADE/v3/ directories, but finally I get compiling the program using the /usr/lib/libXt.1

but it's very posible it gives me a BUS ERROR

Thank you very much.

> I don't have that libary in my XPADE/v3/ directories

You should have /opt/XPADE/v3/usr/lib/libXt.*. Otherwise you could download it from www.hp.com/go/xpade and "Download latest release".

> but finally I get compiling the program using the /usr/lib/libXt.1

You should not use this in XPADE build environment.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I solved it adding the library /usr/lib/hpux32/libXt.so.1. which have the missing symbols.

This are IPF shlibs. The PA shlibs are in /usr/lib/.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Finally I have use the /usr/lib/libXt.1 because the libXt.a from de /opt/XPADE/v3/usr/lib provoques multiple error of redifined simbols.

I have finally got a successfull compilation, I hope it work, but when I reinstalled the XPADE i don't know if I have touch something I should not touch. but i dont know what.

Thanks again!
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Closing thread