New Discussion юеВ

Re: aCC runtime: Error 215 from shl_findsy

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ashin
Occasional Advisor

aCC runtime: Error 215 from shl_findsy

Hi All,

I have compuiled my source code on HPUX11 using aCC without any problem. But when i am try using this compiled shared library in application. it is giving following error.

aCC runtime: Error 215 from shl_findsym(/usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl,_shlInit)
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: typeid__XTQ2_3std9exception_ (data) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: set__13ACE_INET_AddrFUsPCciT3 (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: connect__18ACE_SOCK_ConnectorFR15ACE_SOCK_StreamRC8ACE_AddrPC14ACE_Time_ValueT2iN35 (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: set_address__13ACE_INET_AddrFPCciN22 (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __dt__Q2_3std9exceptionFv (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: last_error_adapter__11ACE_Log_MsgSFv (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: sprintf__6ACE_OSFPcPCce (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __ct__13ACE_INET_AddrFUsPCci (code) from /usr/app/infa/infa7/hp_32/server/libfldbsocketu.sl

Can any one knows whats wrong here

Thanks
Ashin
8 REPLIES 8
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

The error message said while initializing the shared lib, there were unsats. You can use c++filt to demangle them:
typeid<:exception>
ACE_INET_Addr::set(unsigned short,const char*,int,int)
ACE_SOCK_Connector::connect(ACE_SOCK_Stream&,const ACE_Addr&,const ACE_Time_Value*,const ACE_Addr&,int,int,int,int)
ACE_INET_Addr::set_address(const char*,int, int,int)
std::exception::~exception()
static ACE_Log_Msg::last_error_adapter()
ACE_OS::sprintf(char*,const char*,...)
ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr(unsigned short, const char*,int)

Several symbols have "std::", so did you compile everything with -AA?

To search for the other symbols, you could use: nm -pxAN * | fgrep mangled-name
Ashin
Occasional Advisor

I have not used -AA option while compilation.

is it really required to use -AA option.?

What it used for and how it will solve ny problem .Can you explain me in detail???

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have not used -AA option while compilation.

The library libfldbsocketu.sl has been compiled with -AA. You need to compile everything consistently, you can't mix and match -AP and -AA.

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,5520,00.html
Ashin
Occasional Advisor

Earlier my shared library was not compiled with -AA.Now, i have compiled and linked using -AA option, but still giving me same problem.

Please help me , why it is happening
????????????/
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

If you can't recompile libfldbsocketu.sl with -AP, your WHOLE (C++ parts) application must be compiled with -AA.

NOTE: -AA only solves the two symbols with std, you'll have to figure out why those other unsats are there.
Ashin
Occasional Advisor

Thanks very much Dennis,

I am able to solve my problem.
Just i search for the unresolved symbols using " nm -pxAN * | fgrep mangled-name".
and took appropriate file for that.

After all ,, Hurrayyyyyyy

Its resolve

Thanks
Ashin
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I am able to solve my problem.

Can you assign points?
Ashin
Occasional Advisor