108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

caliper call graph

SOLVED
Go to solution
blackwater
Regular Advisor

caliper call graph

The question is about a call graph and information that is above a function. Why some lines have only one number (in my example these numbers are 2 and 3) and some lines have two numbers (in my example 6/11)? As far as I understand in both three lines total number of calls is 11. So why there is no /11 on each line, only on one? What is so special about this line with /11?

This is a quote from the caliper report :

2            18       libxalan-c.so.111::xalanc_1_11::Function::~Function()(base) <cycle 1> [2162]
                                       3            27       libxalan-c.so.111::xalanc_1_11::XalanQNameByValue::getLocalPart() const <cycle 1> [923]
                     100.00            6/11         55       libhas_core.so::xslt_extension::xalan_context::uninstall_external_function(std::pair<xalanc_1_11::XalanDOMString,xalanc_1_11::XalanDOMString> const&) [767]
[5525]    0.0      0.00               11                 libxalan-c.so.111::xalanc_1_11::XalanTransformer::uninstallExternalFunction(xalanc_1_11::XalanDOMString const&,xalanc_1_11::XalanDOMString const&) <cycle 1> [5525]

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: caliper call graph

>What is so special about this line with /11?

It doesn't have <cycle #>?

blackwater
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your answer.  But  could you please explain what does that <cycle 1> mean?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>could you please explain what does that <cycle 1> mean?

I assume it is related to gprof cycles (recursion):

http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/gprof/Cycles.html

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Thank you for your answer.

No Kudos to go with the solution mark?  ;-)