Operating System - Linux
1754016 Members
7356 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: gcc g++ on hpux won't compile (can't find stdint)

BenIsCool
Frequent Advisor

I was a bit confused as to why I could not compile 'hello world' out of box.

This is a fresh install of hp-ux pa 11.11 patched up through the gold pack of early '07.

I am using gcc-4.2.1-hppa-11.11.depot that I got from the Utah HP porting center.

I also tried adding, from the porting center, gettext-0.16.1, libiconv-1.11, make-3.81, and from itrc, PHKL_29243, PHSS_34880, and PHSS_35383.
Steve Ellcey
Valued Contributor

When GCC is built it makes (modified) copies of some of the system header files. I think these copies may be out of synch with your own system header files. If you downloaded GCC 4.2.1 from the HP Porting and Archive Center you should have a command on your system called mkheaders, the path is probably:
/usr/local/libexec/gcc/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11/4.2.1/install-tools/mkheaders

If you have a different GCC version or are on a different OS the path may be slightly different. Try running this mkheaders command, it will reexamine the system headers and update the GCC specific versions of those headers to match what is on your system. You will probably need to be root to do this and it will modify your GCC header files so you might want to back them up or if you still have the depot you could restore them using that if something got messed up. mkheaders should not change any files except ones that are part of the GCC installation.