108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problems generating exe file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Finally I have solved the XtStrings, XtWindowOfObject an XtshellStrings problesms,
adding in the makefile the libXt.so.1 of the folder /usr/lib/hp32 as Dennis said.

Now I have the only problem of the obsolete __1kanji symbol.

I have discobered that in the version 9.X it was in the system library libc.so but now in the version 11.31 it does not appear.

Finally I have also got a prepocessed file but __1kanji did not apperar in liberror.i.

I think I have two alternatives, remove the __1kanji from the source, if (it would appear) or search the old library libc.so from the hpux 9.x and give it to the linker.

Any ideas? Thaks!
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>adding in the makefile the libXt.so.1 of the folder /usr/lib/hp32 as Dennis said.

I hope you used just -lXt.

>Now I have the only problem of the obsolete __1kanji symbol.
>I have discovered that in the version 9.X it was in the system library libc.so but now in the version 11.31 it does not appear.

Didn't I say that? It also isn't in 11.23 either.

>I have also got a preprocessed file but __1kanji did not appear in liberror.i.

If you see __1kanji in the nm output for liberror.o, it should be in the .i file too.

>I think I have two alternatives, remove the __1kanji from the source,

This is your only choice.

>search the old library libc.so from the hp-ux 9.x and give it to the linker.

There is no Integrity libc.so from 9.x, since that was almost a decade before Integrity was released.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Finally I get a new compiled version.

__1kanji was used under another function in the sources as FIRSTof2, it was use to addapt 16 bit variables. I have removed it from the sources, expecting not to causes too many problems.

So Thank you everybody, expecially to Dennis whom a will not give to his answer more than 10 pints because i can't.

Thank you again.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>__1kanji was used under another function in the sources as FIRSTof2, it was use to adapt 16 bit variables.

This is used to check if a multibyte char. The correct way to check is to use mblen(3) to see how long each char sequence is.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

>This is used to check if a multibyte char. The correct way to check is to use mblen(3) to see how long each char sequence is.

Thaks! it's an important point.

Now I'm going to work in the debug of the program and I'm sure this point will be very neccesary, because as I expected it does't work properly and returns API error messages.
I'm studing the manuals in order to identify the problems.

Surely I'll be back soon with new doubts about this. But I think it should be on a new thread.

Thanks again.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

jkj