5310 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

redistributing shared lib built & linked with aCC

SOLVED
Go to solution
josh_109

redistributing shared lib built & linked with aCC

I compiled and linked a shared lib file (.so) using aCC, and I'd like to redistribute the file to another party who does not have aCC installed. When they try to run against the library, they get errors. So far, I'm thinking that's because they don't have the aCC environment. Is there a freely redistributable portion of aCC that I can provide to them so that they can properly use the .so file (assuming this is the problem)?
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: redistributing shared lib built & linked with aCC

You don't bother to identify your OS or your compiler version so I can't be specific but yes there are run-time libraries available that you are free to install. Almost all, require that if you install the run-time libraries on target machines, you miust make certain that the matching header files were used to compile on the development machine. Read the patch installation instructions carefully.

As an example, PHSS_32573 is a patch-set that will install the run-time libraries for 11.11.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
josh_109

Thanks!

Here are the relevant versions, I believe:

... > uname -r
B.11.11

... > what aCC
aCC:
$Revision: 92453-07 linker linker crt0.o B.11.30 020412 $
HP aC++ B3910B A.03.35
HP aC++ B3910B A.03.33 Language Support Library

I also understand that the other system has the same OS

I'll review the docs some more
josh_109

I looked at the patch you mentioned (which fortuitously matches the version of our OS), and saw:

s700_800 11.11 HP aC++ -AA runtime libraries (aCC A.03.61)

When we compiled our shared object, we had to use the -Aa option instead of the -AA option. Does anyone know whether that would require a different set of runtime libraries?
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

The library should work although your version of aCC is rather old. You should really update your compiler before deploying your code as a number of fixes have been applied to your version.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.