New Discussion юеВ

Re: script conversion tool or utility

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

script conversion tool or utility

Hi,

We are searching for a converter to convert unix shell script into MS Windows2003 *.bat batch file.
Appreciate if someone can suggest any tool for these conversion ?

Thanks,
Shiv
4 REPLIES 4
D Block 2
Respected Contributor
Solution

Shiv,

Man, what are you asking here ?

I have a racing car and need to convert it into a small truck ?

Think about it ? unix shell is a real programming language, very complex.. and MS Batch is a simple, yet logic functionality..

Your best bet, this is me Speak only, is to use some Unix utils that run on windows.. like MKS Tools.. this provides you the unix shell that runs on Windows.

Shiv- good hunting

T.
Golf is a Good Walk Spoiled, Mark Twain.
Frank W Hansen_CEX
Trusted Contributor

Shivkumar,

why not use cygwin and keep your scripts.
rmueller58
Valued Contributor

Shiv, I'd opt for the CygWin option myself rather then trying to reinvent the wheel.

http://www.cygwin.com/

You can use Bash, Ksh and other shell commands included with the installation. Worth it's weight in gold, doesn't take up much other then disk space.
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

I, like the others believe that your best option is to use Cygwin. Another option could be the MKS (Mortice Kern System) Unix toolkit, in the days before Cygwin I used it as a nice Unix shell replacement for the DOS world. It has been a long time however, so I'm not sure if it is still around. I think this distribution was an option when purchased with the "Chameleon" Xwindows emulator for Windows, as well as being available as a standalone purchase.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett