1748182 Members
3648 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: script regarding ssh

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>while the backup_archive.sh is running if a new file is generated in serverA, then that file will also get archived by the backup_archive.sh script, so will miss that newly generated file. So is there any way to reduce this risk?

Make sure the backup script doesn't backup more than what's in serverA_files?

Or check after it runs and see what's extra?

Or make sure the new files are in a separate directory and only move them in place, so they get backed up, by this script?

rahul_rtns
Frequent Advisor

>>Make sure the backup script doesn't backup more than what's in serverA_files?

I will schedule the script to run per hour. So it will not be possible to check every time if any extra file getting backedup. Also we will not be able to check the file once it got backed up.

>>Or make sure the new files are in a separate directory and only move them in place, so they get backed up, by this script?

The new files are getting generated in the same directory.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Also we will not be able to check the file once it got backed up.

My suggestion was to look at the list of files by your backup program and do something if there are extras.

rahul_rtns
Frequent Advisor

>> My suggestion was to look at the list of files by your backup program and do something if there are extras.

Hi,

We can do anything once the file got backed up because it is getting archived by rman script. We have to do something before the backing of files only.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>it is getting archived by rman script.

Can you modify the script to skip files that you don't have in serverB_files?

rahul_rtns
Frequent Advisor

>> Can you modify the script to skip files that you don't have in serverB_files?

The rman script can not be modified for anything. :(