Operating System - HP-UX
1753641 Members
4846 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libcl.2

Srivatsa Ramaprakash
Occasional Contributor

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libcl.2

I'm using perl Brocade API's (version 3.0.2). When I execute 'make test', it give an error msg like below.

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libcl.2

Can someboday explain why this problem is and how to resolve this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libcl.2

Srivatsa Ramaprakash
Occasional Contributor

The Above thread concludes that rebuilding perl with -lcl and -lpthread and PDL, resolve the issue.

I'm very new to perl, It would be helpful if you can suggest how to rebuild perl with -lcl and -lpthread. What what exactly is PDL?

Should edit the Makefile.PL and alter the following line
"LIBS => '-lstd -lstream -lCsup -Llib -lxerces-c1_7_0
-lFabOsApi "
to include -lcl and -lpthread ??

thanks
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

PDL is the Perl Data Language, which you probably don't need unless you are going to be doing some serious number crunching. You do need to rebuild Perl with the suggested libraries though.
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

# Should edit the Makefile.PL and alter the ...

Yes, but make sure that -lpthread is first in the list. I'm not a Perl expert either, so perhaps one (a Perl expert that is) could contribute a few thoughts.
Ermin Borovac
Honored Contributor

After unpacking perl source you can build it with

$ sh Configure -des -Dprefix=/opt/local/perl- -Uinstallusrbinperl -A prepend:libswanted='cl pthread '
$ make
$ make test
# make install

Don't forget the space after 'pthread' on the Configure line above.