M and MSM Series
1752404 Members
6144 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Invalid firmware filename (firmware filename cannot be blank). upgrading MSM 760 version 6.0 to

ryghnes
Frequent Visitor

Invalid firmware filename (firmware filename cannot be blank). upgrading MSM 760 version 6.0 to V6.5

Hi team,

I was trying to upgrade the firmware of MSM760 from 6.0 version to 6.5 version. However, I always hit into this problem when I select the file from my notebook.

Invalid firmware filename (firmware filename cannot be blank).

I can see some uploading process showing at the bottom of the browser, before completion it will always pop up the error message. I am doing a direct connection to the LAN port of the MSM to bypass any possible network error, but the problem is still the same.

I would appreciate some urgent help.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

paul

2 REPLIES 2
ryghnes
Frequent Visitor

Re: Invalid firmware filename (firmware filename cannot be blank). upgrading MSM 760 version 6.0 to

Hi guys,

Anyone can offer a piece of advice? I really need help on this.

Being trying to use browser - firefox/chrome/IE 7,8,9,11 but to no avail.

regards,

Paul

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Hi

You would need a two step upgrade process as going from 6.0 directly to 6.5 is not supported.

Here is the note from Release note:

Prerequisites

IMPORTANT: If your controller is not already running Version 5.7.5.0 or 6.0.3.0 or later, a

two-step upgrade must be performed. First upgrade your controller to Version 5.7.5.0 or 6.2.1.1,

and then as a second step, upgrade the controller to V6.5.1.0.

Regards
Ram