M and MSM Series
1748073 Members
4596 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Losing management connectivity when connecting to web management from different PCs

ljorg
Occasional Advisor

Losing management connectivity when connecting to web management from different PCs

Hi,

We have a team of two MSM760 running 5.7.0.2. Everything works fine as long as I always connect to the team from the same PC. If I go to another PC (same subnet, different subnet, different building, doesn't matter) and log in, the web management interface hangs. For everyone - also from the PC I usually use to connect with.

The hang lasts anything from a few seconds to 10 minutes or more. When it starts working again, the MSM760s seems confused for a few seconds with "a manager is already logged in" messages displayed on the screen - even though I am logged in and currently doing stuff in there. It usually only allows one manager login and boots any previous user.

The team uses the LAN ports for team communication (using 192.168.1.x addresses). I just put a cable directly between the two LAN ports. Anything else (management, discovery, authentication) occurs on the Internet ports. No VLANs on any ports.

Is this a known problem? Did I do something wrong? Is there a fix?

Lars

1 REPLY 1
ljorg
Occasional Advisor

Re: Losing management connectivity when connecting to web management from different PCs

Firmware 5.7.0.3 solved the problem.