1752537 Members
4855 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM422 Reset Factory Defaults - can't login

JamesAdams
Occasional Visitor

MSM422 Reset Factory Defaults - can't login

Followed the procedure in the quick start guide and manual for resetting to factory defaults.

Now the login / password should be admin:admin, but trying this on the embedded webserver (https://192.168.1.1)  and I get "incorrect username or password"

5 REPLIES 5
ISoliman
Super Advisor

can you please let me know how exaclty did you reset it ? Did all the lights blink together 3 times in a slow motion then you release the reset? make sure to keep the reset pressed till all the lights blink together 3 times then imediately release the reset and check after that this is 100% correct way.

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Most likely you didn't reset it correctly. When you FD reset an MSM, what happens is:

1. All LEDs come on

2. The LEDs start blinking slowly

3. On 3rd blink (not after) you release the Reset and you should be home free.

I'd suggest that you conf your workstat so that your DGW is also pointing to the MSM default IP.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
JamesAdams
Occasional Visitor

Thank you, yes that was it, I wasn't getting a good reset.

Last week I swear that I was holding it for 3 blinks (maybe I held it too long?).  This time I immediately released the button after three blinks and appear to have a good reset.

-Jim

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Nice to know :-)

The problem is rather that you didn't keep Reset pressed for long enough. If you go too long, MSM goes to TFTP mode. In that mode all LEDs are blinking rapidly. The only thing you would be able to do is to upload a new SW file via TFTP - and you can't even use the regular software image, you would need to receive from support a special image for this. This is a disaster recovery method.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
themendas
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

I'm trying to set up a "HP-Procurve MSM422", the factory reset I access the AP through the web "https://192.168.1.1", I agree with admin, admin.

After I click on "Switch Autonomous Mode", and the web says "wait while restarting ...." and there does not pass, I do not get to ping the device. Power light stays flashing.

I already miss several AP's but none works for me after spending the autonomous mode.

What can be the problem?