5740 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSM430 SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD BLOCKED

Panco
Occasional Advisor

MSM430 SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD BLOCKED

Hi.

Congratulations to all participants of this forum.
I want to download of the firmware new version of MSM430, but the HP blocked the download, only allowing to who has contract.

On the page of the site where is the link for download, it has a padlock.
Does anybody know how to do the download?
Thanks
Tomaz

4 REPLIES 4
JesseR
Regular Advisor

You can't download it without a current support contract. And even then, based on my experience, ordering a contract from HP -- they NEVER EVER give you the SAID # you need anyways to access the downloads. With 20+ controllers I've put under contract, HP has yet to provide it and their contracts team is clueless when it comes to how to GET the SAID #. So instead, I basically call HP support every time, give them the carepack/contract # and ask them to setup an FTP download for me for the firmware releases. That seems to work okay.
Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

Panco
Occasional Advisor

Thank you JesseR.

We have several contracts with for HP, Servers, Swtich Core, but now that we have the need to access point update.
We will have to negotiate with for HP.
Thanks.
Good afternoon for you
Tomaz

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Panco:

The lock only means that you need to login to somewhere to download the FW. Under std wty MSM devices have one year SW entitlement, bug fixes only. So if your AP is less than one year old, you can login to My Networking portal, register the device and download current FW versions from there. After one year you need a contract, and will download the SW from SW support portal, not My Networking.

Note that if you're on controlled environment, the SW entitlement runs according to the controller warranty. Even if your AP is brand new but your controller two years old, the new AP doesn't validate your controller for a current FW version. Of course there are excetions but...

JesseR:

That's really not the way it sho9uld be happening. Please do contact your local HP. The only way things change is if you give feedback, and the best place to give feedback is the local office.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Panco
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Arimo and friends

The products are in warranty, but I am to talk to the local salesman