Re: MSM460

Arimo
Respected Contributor

This:

setup_arch: bootmem
mpc85xx_rdb_setup_arch()
arch: exit

... is NOT, repeat NOT an error message. It does not imply that the AP is failing. It just means that the console settings are incorrect. That does not really matter, as the console port isn't intended for a management interface in the first place. It's a troubleshooting tool in case you run into problems, only really useful for us geeks here.

For Juggyv's issue I double Peter - call support to get startup file. When you do it correctly it's only a few second job, and it usually does get a device back to its senses.

Sanjay, I'm sorry but I do not really follow you. Do you have a controlled environment? If yes, then you do not configure the AP at all. The only config to do is to provision the AP if you use L3 discovery.

My suggestion:

1. Connect the suspect AP to the same switch and VLAN where your controller connects to - the interface you use for discovering, that is.

2. Restore factory default settings as described by Rudy. I'd like to clarify the procedure a bit, though.

- Press Reset

- All LEDs will come ON for a couple of seconds

- All LEDs will go OFF for a couple of seconds

- All LEDs will start blinking slowly (~1/sec)

- On the third slow blink release Reset button.

The controller should pick up the AP.

To put the device in the TFTP mode you follow exactly the same process, except for last step. You keep the Reset button pressed until all LEDs start blinking faster (~2/sec). Then release Reset, and the AP will default to 192.168.1.1 and accept FW flash through TFTP. However as Peter said normal FW file won't work, but you will need to contact support.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Juggyv
Occasional Advisor

Hi - this ended up being a dud - No firmware up/down etc or pinning it would work.  HP swapped it and everything back to normal.  A big waste of time.  If you get an AP that displays similar traits and is not contactable in any way then I suggest getting HP To swap it. 

ilker areels
Occasional Visitor

reset doesn't work, i still see

setup_arch: bootmem
mpc85xx_rdb_setup_arch()
arch: exit

MinhChang
Occasional Visitor

Hope someone can upload special firmware that they've mentioned above to here so that we can download.
Now I have some AP met this problem. The only way for me is contact HP support and replace new one.
But I still need way how to fix by myself

razu2444

This worked a treat. 

I don't thinks its 3 blinks though. I hit the reset button, blinks once after a few seconds. Thereafter I waited another 3 blinks and on the third I let go. 

Thanks!

chain.young
Visitor

I can access COM1 CLI with parameters - speed 115200 bps & no flow controll.