5471 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM710 No Failover and Redundancy anymore in FW 5.7

Manfred M.
Advisor

MSM710 No Failover and Redundancy anymore in FW 5.7

We recently upgraded our MSM710 Mobility Controllers from FW Version 5.3 to 5.7

It seems to me that the Redundancy had been changed in the new version.

I am aware of the fact, that there is no teaming possible with the MSM710 Mobility Controller.

In FW Version 5.3 the secondary controller took over operation in the case of an outage of the primary controller.

The automatic migration of the controlled APs to the secondary controller is not working anymore.

I know that if multiple service controllers are discovered by a controlled AP, the AP establish a
control channel with the service controller that has the highest priority setting first.

We have set the discovery priority of the primary controller to 1 and the priority of the secondary  controller to 16.

How can we configure our controllers to achieve automatic redundancy/failover?

Is it possible to sync the configuration from the Primary to the Secondary Controller?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Manfred

2 REPLIES 2
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

Re: MSM710 No Failover and Redundancy anymore in FW 5.7

Don't forget the APs will continue to function without the presence of the controller (until the AP is rebooted). Depending on the specifics of the config, that may provide sufficient resiliency for your environment.
Manfred M.
Advisor

Re: MSM710 No Failover and Redundancy anymore in FW 5.7

Hi!

That's true - but not for the Guest Access VSC.

My customer is still claiming, that with the old version it was possible to do a failover without intervention.