M and MSM Series
1753979 Members
4132 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM760 - Clients loosing network connectivity (ping times 5-10 full seconds!)

moto_ua
Visitor

Re: MSM760 - Clients loosing network connectivity (ping times 5-10 full seconds!)

Hi, MSM67 !

We have the same trouble with our MSM720 controller. Did you solve this issue?

vDummy
Occasional Contributor

Have you managed to find a fix for this? 

We are not having the report on Laptops but I have had the problem occur on 2 different iPhones, Restarting the AP normally resolves the issue.

we are also seeing errors for the mac code around the time of the issue:

Client (mac='<mac code here>') on interface (value='r2v1') Ussing SSID (<SSID HERE>) recieved an Add Block acknowledgement (ADDBA) response with Status code (value='Status code 37')

sjordet
Advisor

Hi Z273!

Thanks for your long and detailed reply! I'm very sorry about my lack of response for so long. I really appreciate that you took the time.

First of all, we received the PoF from HP quite soon after this, and it more or less fixed our problems. We still have some problems with poor voice quality, but no disconnects or larger problems anymore :)

To comment on your suggestions; I have not tried to enable the Spectralink VIEW-option. But 8118 is not using SIP as far as I know, they use NOE.

I had of course a long time ago experimented with the different QoS-settings, and have been running with "VSC Based Very High" for years. We have always had a separate VSC for VoIP, but we do not have separate AP's. Then it would be much cheaper and better to use DECT-phones.

I can enable/disable UAPSD in the handset, didn't make any difference. I have "always" been running with "scan ratio" at 0,1%. And yes, I'm under ETSI-regulations.

I really appreciate your help, but this was indeed a bug in the code that got fixed. I got the PoF early, but the fix is also implemented in the 6.5.2 firmware. (Which looks very good in all ways!)

There's still a minor nag when in a conversation. I have a feeling it's the 0,1% scan ratio that is causing it. But it's not a big problem, and my users are happy - believe it or not :)

Thanks.

sjordet
Advisor

vDummy and moto_ua,

which versions are you running? 6.5.2 seems very good in all matters.

(Altough, unrelated to the MSM, we have had quite a lot of trouble with the WLAN-drivers of recent Intel cards. The last couple of drivers have been good, but last year there was a lot of trouble!)

Jeff Pederson
Advisor

Do you have all your VLAN's defined on all of your switches?  I ran into the same thing and the cause was that I missed setting up a few switches properly / defining the VLAN's.

Diego_Wireless

Hello, everybody, I have the same problem, we installed a 760 controller with 18 msm460 AP's, and we faced a lot of troubles, so I really need HP help because our client is a goverment enterprise and a very important account in my country in South America for HP, and now they are very mad with the solution. Please help to solve the next issues:

- The clients are not doing roaming at all, they have two aps in each floor what is enough for the space that they have, and sometimes the strenght of the signal falls down without doing anything, and sometimes they connect to other AP and they have to log in again, or sometimes they can see the icon to limit internet access.

- The main problem is that the clients are disconnecting, or they have a really slow data rate on 2.4GHz radio, meanwhile in 5GHz radio the users can reach 40Mbps on the online speedtest, in 2.4GHz radio they just have 1 or 2GHz, something there is limiting the rate in the users.

So I need to know how to solve this problems, or how I have to configure the radio 2 to get the best throughput and performance.

Regards.

Evan_ISS
Frequent Advisor

@Diego_Wireless wrote:

- The main problem is that the clients are disconnecting, or they have a really slow data rate on 2.4GHz radio, meanwhile in 5GHz radio the users can reach 40Mbps on the online speedtest, in 2.4GHz radio they just have 1 or 2GHz, something there is limiting the rate in the users.

Regards.

Hi there, one thing to try is to disable BT for the device(s) in question.

We have found that BT is interfering at the 2.4GHz range for some devices, causing slow/no connectivity. Explains why you get decent speeds at 5GHz and not 2.4GHz.

CraigS1971
Valued Contributor

Hi Diego,

I seem to have the same issue except long ping times.
4x MSM760 controllers teamed managing 350x MSM460 APs.

Clients loose connection on 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz is fine.
Also, slow transmit speeds on 2.4Ghz for APs.

I have software version 6.5.0.0 but am upgrading to 6.6.2.0 on friday evening - will see if it makes a difference.

Anyone else with similiar issues?

Thanks,

Craig.