1748024 Members
4107 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Route same SSID to local port OR controller, depending on location

svhelden
Advisor

Route same SSID to local port OR controller, depending on location

We have an MSM760 with various controlled APs. Now, we have some sites that have an own Internet connection, while other sites do not have an own Internet connection (only our internal MPLS). We would like to create a guest network that allows guests and mobile devices to connect to the Internet. Right now, this network always uses the Client Data Tunnel and the controller's Internet connection.

Is there ANY possibility to configure it so that it uses the AP's ethernet port in sites with an Internet connection, and the Client Data Tunnel (and the cotroller's ethernet port) in the other sites? It seems that "Access-controlled" VSCs ALWAYS tunnel traffic to the controller, and non-access-controlled VSCs NEVER tunnel traffic to the controller. And I also can't create two VSCs with the same SSID.

3 REPLIES 3
davehedgehog
Advisor

I just opened a thread with the same problem before I saw this. My issue is axactly the same. I agree it is stupid that you cannot have 2 VSC's with the same SSID.
svhelden
Advisor

Did you ever find a solution?

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

There might be a possiblity of sending some traffic to the controller (via tunnel) and some locally switched through the controller ports.  this feature is called MTM - Mobility Traffic Manager.

But this needs a bit of design considerations and HTML/Web based authentication is not possible in this method.

It can get complicated to design, unless you know what exactly you want the MTM to achieve.

Post your scenario here, then ill propose some options.

Regards
Ram