My Learning Certification
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fast Track? What does that mean for IT Training & Certification?

Mike_Bicknell on ‎01-14-2011 09:07 AM

I am working on highlighting our offerings to help IT Professionals accelerate their skills development in support of both their career progression and in meeting the needs of their Customers.

I think fast track is a positive phrase to capture in essence what we are trying to achieve with the program, but are there some potential negative connotations? Past offerings from training providers using naming such as bootcamp and Industry terms such as accelerated learning can lead to an impression of short cutting the learning experience and potentially achieving a “paper” qualification or certification. Quality may be in question and could impact the currency or worth of the achievement. This is not something I want to convey as I believe fast tracking a candidate through a learning program recognises their skills and previous experience, building on a foundation that already exists.

I’m running a little research and analysis to help understand the sentiment behind the term, I’ll post the results when I have them. Early signs look good.

Should I spin it up! Perhaps use naming like Fastrack or FastTRACK or ExpertTRACK? Not so sure. There was a series of very successful adverts in the UK for a paint and varnish company that used very plain English in describing their product and they ended with “it does exactly what it says on the tin”. So my current thinking is if the term Fast Track is widely accepted and acknowledged in the IT industry I’ll use it.

What do you think? :smileyhappy:

About the Author

Mike_Bicknell

With nearly 20 years learning and development experience in HP, Mike leads ExpertONE global marketing program planning and execution.

Labels
Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more