My Learning Certification
1748102 Members
5196 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ExpertONE Certification New Exam Delivery Provider – Pearson VUE coming on February 1st, 2012

SeanaAtHP
Valued Contributor

HP ExpertONE Certification New Exam Delivery Provider – Pearson VUE coming on February 1st, 2012

HP recently announced that Pearson VUE will serve as the new certification exam delivery partner for the global HP ExpertONE program beginning in February 2012. This transition will provide significant benefits for the HP ExpertONE test-taking community.

Moving the HP ExpertONE exams to Pearson VUE will enable:

1. more efficient service by consolidating certification testing onto a single platform
  2. rapid localization of exams around the world
  3. increased coverage of where candidates can take their certification exams (Pearson VUE has test centers in 165 countries)
  4. improved exam registration process
  5. enhanced exam security and integrity of certification
  6. support for future integration to an industry-leading credential management system

Transition dates

Candidates can continue to schedule and take their certification exams through the current HP testing vendor Prometric until January 31, 2012. The last day to purchase a Prometric voucher is on January 16, 2012. Pearson VUE will begin taking exam registrations on January 17, 2012, and will begin delivering exams February 1, 2012, at 8:00 AM U.S. Central Standard Time. As of February 1, 2012, all HP ExpertONE certification exams will only be available through Pearson VUE.

All proctored exams will be delivered onsite through Pearson VUE Test Centers and all web-based exams will be available online within an HP-specific testing portal hosted by Pearson VUE. The transition from one vendor’s platform to the other should be seamless to all candidates beginning on February 1, 2012.

The transition will require postponing the release of new certification exams for a short period from November 2011 through January 2012. The freeze only affects new exams; new certifications and courseware will release on schedule. Existing exams will be available throughout the transition period. Information about an exam’s availability date will be placed in The Learning Center to help candidates avoid confusion.

What candidates need to do:

The impact to certification candidates will be minimal; however, all test takers will need to create and activate a testing profile on the HP-specific Pearson VUE Testing Portal, which will open for business on January 17, 2012. This includes people who have previously taken other vendors’ exams through Pearson VUE. The Testing Portal will be used to schedule proctored or purchase web-based exams and a testing profile, unique to HP, is required before any test can be taken, either in person or web-based.

Other than creating the testing profile, there’s little impact on certification candidates. More details can be found in our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) posted at http://www.pearsonvue.com/hp.

If you have any questions or feedback, please contact your regional program office.

Americas: certification.americas@hp.com

EMEA: certification.emea@hp.com

Asia Pacific: premium.support@hp.com

SeanaAtHP
3 REPLIES 3
vgaur70
Regular Visitor

Re: HP ExpertONE Certification New Exam Delivery Provider – Pearson VUE coming on February 1st, 2012

Hi,

Exam HP0M91, is not available on the new system hence i am not able to register for it.

Please help.

Regards,

Vishal

karlkovacs
HPE Pro

I'm looking into why I can't see the HP Software exams on the Pearson VUE website. I will post a response as soon as I get an answer.

-Karl

HP ExpertONE Social Media Manager

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs
karlkovacs
HPE Pro

All exams (including HP Software) can be found on the PEARSON VUE site.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/hp/

Thank you,

Karl Kovacs