1753782 Members
7168 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Desktop Call Assistant r6.0.5

t0od0pe4u
Occasional Advisor

Desktop Call Assistant r6.0.5

I have several users that have this installed.  Once a user attempts to start the program, the program never comes up.

Alternatively, it happens in the task manager as well, DCA.exe, disappears instantly.

Clients are running XP and/or Win7.

Also, Does anyone have any information about upgrading to a newer version? This is the closest i've gotten for support for this software.

Thank you

Brian

8 REPLIES 8
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Desktop Call Assistant r6.0.5

hi

DCA 6.0.6 is the one supported on Windows 7... for XP, something is interfering wiht DCA to come up.

Are you also running the NBX Complement Attendant software (CAS)? DCA and CAS cannot be run at the same time. Also, what version of TSP are you running. DCA runs on TSP.

Check your virus protection software.... sometimes that has interfered with TSP starting, thus DCA would not start.

To get DCA 6.0.6, you should go to your HP Passport site.

You can also get it from the following ftp site that I try to keep up.

ftp.usa.hp.com

Login: nbx12345

pass Winter12

Copy over DCA 6.0.6 and install on both xp and win 7 machines... Let us know how this goes

t0od0pe4u
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response!!

I have NBX TSP version 6.0.10 running with DCA Version 6.0.5.

As far as AV is concerned, its all server based, and not installed on clients.

I see there is also NBX TSP version 6.0.13 in the FTP site.  Is that a required build for the DCA 6.0.6?

I'm not sure if NBX Complement Attendant software (Would it show somewhere?) is also running with this user's PC, but the problem with DCA started occuring when we removed SoftPhonePCXSet.

Brian

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

When you install DCA 6.0.6, it has tsp embedded in it.. so it will ask you if you want to upgrade your TSP

You should answer yes.... from what I recall anyway....

NBX CAS would show up under Programs/3com NBX, same as where you see DCA.

Strange that issue occurred when you removed PcXset. PcXset does not use TSP so not sure why that would cause a problem...

t0od0pe4u
Occasional Advisor

So, I attempted to install it on my PC.  It worked out just fine.

When I installed it on the user's PC that is having issues, it still did not work.

I did receive an error though, Error Code 3024.  Could not located C:\Program Files\3Com\NBX\Desktop Call Assistant\nbxdirec.mdb.

There was no DB.  So, i attempted to transfer my mdb from my pc, into the other pc.

Still did not work.

Any other suggestions?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

nbxdirec.mdb is the database .. this gets created at install time, then when you import your addresses, it gets updated.

I would check the install directory.. did you take the defaults or change to another?

also, if you import addresses from your nbx, does that work?

Hate to say this, but if this does not work, I would remove DCA and TSP from the pc, reboot,

and reinstall..

t0od0pe4u
Occasional Advisor

Ouch.  I used the default paths and it would not connect to the server to get the updated db. 

Do you think there are any C++ Runtime libraries required for this outside of the installation?

Any registry keys that may be conflicting in this Win7 machine?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Runtime libraries are installed during the installation..

I just blew away my DCA and reinstalled.. I did not see the nbxdirec.mdb until I imported all the phone numbers.

I suggest trying to import and seeing if that works.

Also, did you install as administrator or as a user?? maybe that is it...I installed when logged in as administrator.

t0od0pe4u
Occasional Advisor

When i received the error message of 3024, could not locate mdb, it was when I was attempting to import entries after I had tried to copy/paste the mdb from my pc to user's pc.

And yes, I had logged in myself, attempted to install, and it failed.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled twice for this user. 

DCA Works fine on my pc, Win7.  As far as permissions, its the same for this user.  I even selected, "run as administrator" for this application.  Still DCA does not boot up.