3569 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mapping DIDs on PRI to Button Programming

mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Mapping DIDs on PRI to Button Programming

NBX 100 5_0_31

I have a major issue at a Doctors office I support. They used to have 5 POTs lines and I mapped the analog port numbers to Specific buttons in Telephone Groups. For example 614-444-0444, if a call came in on this number it would light up a spefic button on the phone I mapped in a group.

I have ordered a T1 (ISDN PRI) and ported all numbers from the analog lines. All of these DIDS now reside on the PRI and I cant map inbound calls to spefic buttons on selected phones. I can map a inbound call from DIDs to a HG or phone but thats not what I need. The office needs to know when someone is callling in on a specific number. All numbers ring all phones. Im sure this is doable. Can someone please help me map individual DIDs to specific phone buttons?

Merlin? How about you. Fee free to give me a call.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
4 REPLIES 4
jeadavis
Advisor

A little trick that I have found.  Go into Telephones and manually add a telephone device using an off the wall mac address like 00:e0:bb:00:11:22 and set it up as a 2102, that way you do not use a group two license. 

Then take and go into button mappings and setup bridged extension.  These bridged extension buttons then can be programmed on the phones that you want to ring. 

Be sure to point the DID to the phantom telephone that you setup in the first step.

Ed Holt
Regular Advisor

You could map to a HG for each one make it a calling group and name the HG with something that lets the user know what number the call is coming in on.

3Com Certified IP Telephony VCX/NBX Expert CCNA
3Com Certified IP Telephony VCX/NBX Expert CCNA
mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Thanks guys. I used the Bridged Extensions and it worked great. I had to create several Telephones by manually adding Mac addresses that dont exist. Then I route teh dial plan for each DID to point to individual Phanton phones. Bridged teh extensions and applied each to a button on the phones.

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
CJ_1
Advisor

I used to do this the same way that 'jeadavis' described but does this still work in 6.0 code, 6.0.59 to be specific?

The reason I ask is I used to be able to do it this way but now I have to put a real phone, okay a phone that is broken but can be seen by the NBX, otherwise my bridged extensions no longer worked. To make sure I wasn't going crazy I testd this out on a spare NBX and had it working in 5.0 code. After I upgraded to 6.0.59 the Bridgeded extensions stopped working.

This is a major reason I have yet to upgrade any more of my sites to 6.0+ code but if it's fixed now maybe I'll look into again.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Chris