1753797 Members
8269 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX Back-to-Back E1 connection!

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

NBX Back-to-Back E1 connection!

I have one E1 line from Telco with 500 DID numbers. Currently is connected to E1 card inside Expansion chassis, and one NBX NCP!

I have a second NBX will be coming, to which I want to assign part of the DID numbers coming from the Telco!

I am thinking of adding a new E1 module to the existing chassis, then have a new chassis with new E1 card (this chassis and E1 will be assigned to the new NBX NCP). I want to connect the new E1 from first chassis to the new E1 on the second chassis, the configure the first NBX to route/switch calls for specific DID numbers over this back to back E1 connection! My question: Will the E1 Back-to-Back connection work? What signalling should I use (ETSI/QSIG)? (As I learned that NBX QSIG support only Slave mode, and in my scenario I need one slave and one master)Any alternate solution for sharing the DID numbers? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Mohamed

Sinc ethere are quite a few params her e, If I read this right m, You want 2 NBX 'es with an E1 line and a second NBX tied via another point to Point E1 internal line . Correct ? If this is the case , on NBx 1 you can route the dids over the point to point line to the 2nd NBX . Not sure if I understand all of the details though . In the US , We use a standard T1 for this sort of connection versus QSIG but either one will work .

This message was edited by merlin on 3-5-09 @ 9:54 AM
mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Merlin! What you understand is correct! I need to route DID over the internal pt-to-pt E1 connection to the 2nd NBX. Our system here in Middle East is European (ETSI) and of course QSIG is universal. My question: Will I be able to operate the internal pt-to-pt E1 conection between the two NBXes as QSIG? if so, how will I be able to handle clocking (the NBX support QSIG salve mode only) Will it work on QSIG or even ETSI? in USA could you achieve the same successfully with T1?

Many Thanks for your support!

merlin_1
Super Advisor

What we do here is set up a t1 circuit point to point . The circuit will be established by using the 2 cards and connect you span up in between . There is a 3KB that you can search for called point to point T1 with the details in it . We will pass did's over the link so that You can route between the 2 sites using this method . Simple dial plan mondifications and you should be all set . Here is one 3KB : 3KB1518

This message was edited by merlin on 3-6-09 @ 6:53 AM