IP Telephony - NBX
1753634 Members
5627 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NBX EOL

amccroskey

NBX EOL

We have some customers with support contracts via 3com and are wondering where is the document we can show the customer to say how long they have, and what to expect on the NBXV300(X) product line. I've called 3com and they themselves don't seem to know. I left a voice mail for someone after being transfered 6 times and heard nothing. I was hoping somone could lead me to some solid references.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
merlin_1
Super Advisor

from what we know :

NBX product line has been end of Sale( EOS in August )  extending this was discussed but not sure as the line is now not being sold  . Any and all contracts will be  Honored for the life of the contracts , so , as far as new ones , Please do not quote me , but there will be a period where we will still accept renewals up until the end of Life date  which should be around 2 years after the end of sale . Everything is now being changed over to HP sales groups . We are sorry for the confusion

Did you try 800 876-3266 ? I will see if there are other numbers as I believe eventually , Customers and Vendors will be brought over to the HP partner / Customer agreements .

amccroskey

We were told by our supplier that the 3102B Business Set was no longer available to purchase. Is this true? If so, what do we do with all the phones that static shock the user and end up with no transmit audio on the handset??

amccroskey

Also. Our supplier Target Distributing is stating that no more service contracts can be purchased through them for 3com.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Good questions .

Target is not an HP approved Distributor . You need to go to Tech Data or Ingram Micro . Also ,  make sure to get a listing of the new HP part numbers as the 3Com numbers have changed .The distributor  should be able to set you up with contract information as well . Everything is now switching over to HP so expect things liek this to occur in the future as well .

This message was edited by merlin on 9-9-10 @ 7:15 AM
amccroskey

Thanks for the info!

merlin_1
Super Advisor

You are welcome

Hope it helps ...