IP Telephony - NBX
1748147 Members
3767 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NBX support from HP ending on June 30, 2012 OR October 2015??

albacarthy

NBX support from HP ending on June 30, 2012 OR October 2015??

I recently saw an end of life announcement for the NBX systems. It says that support will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE after June 30, 2012. The NBX support team (which is excellent by the way) believes there will be support until October 2015. I have been unable to find any information other than the end of life on June 30, 2012. We are in California K-12 Education and cannot afford to purchase a new phone system but we can also not afford to be without support if we keep the NBX systems.

No offense to the resellers out there but I don't see any motivation for you to figure this out. If we can't get support from HP then you benefit by charging us by the hour for support which is never as good as you can get from the experts. I'm still waiting for my reseller to get back to me. If any resellers are interested in helping me out then please leave your information and I will contact you by email. I've tried to contact HP about this and they tell me to talk to my reseller... I'm spinning around in a circle.

Please, if anyone could shed some light on this situation I would really really appreciate it.

4 REPLIES 4
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

What NBX support team are you referring to?? HP??

Last date for telephone support is July  30,2012

Last date for Hardware Repairs is July,  30 2015

EDY4229
Advisor

I was told by my supplier that the NBX support was ending in June and there were no longer going to be licenses issued or transferable to another platform.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Can someone post a link to an official statement?

I couldn't find any mention of this date on the HP Networking EOS page:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/eos/index.aspx

[Moderator Note: The above link is no longer valid.]

EDY4229
Advisor

No one has addressed the issue of the licensing.  There are plenty of phones out there but with out licenses for growth they are only good if you have a zero growth company that just needs replacement phones. Can someone from HP answer that question please.....