New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Hardware Malfunction Screen on LC2000r server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glen Kelly
Occasional Advisor

Sean,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...

The RAID advice didn't work out as well as I had hoped, so I actually ended up starting over, but the customer support number you gave me was golden. For some reason, when I cleared the configuration, recreated the config and tried to boot after rebuilding the OS mismatched drive, it failed to boot.

Then I tried to do an ASR on top of the RAID config using a ASR disk I made while on SCSI controller A for a second time. That failed.

Finally I bit the bullet and installed a base WINSRVR2003 install on logical drive 1 and tried to lay the ASR .bkf file on top of it. To my amazement, even though the file was created on an SCSI controller A configuration, it worked liked a charm. So now I'm back in business with 3 logical drives.

Also, I used your link and got NIC teaming going as well. I gave you a 10 on each answer because they really helped. Also I'd give the HP support center a 10 too.

Thanks again,
Glen Kelly
Pedro Martinez-01

Hi ..

I am having the same problem with the Blue screen Hardware malfunction issue. I was about to re-install the os (win 2k3 server) when i came upon this thread. I also have 4 256 memory sticks. so i will download the hardware malfuction floopy and see where that takes me..

I will report any findings.

Thanks in advance for the answers on this thread.. !!!
Glen Kelly
Occasional Advisor

Pedro,

Would you believe, what finally solved my problem was the RAM itself. It must be ECC, registered RAM. Even the one stick I was testing with, was the wrong kind. You might check every single stick and make sure it's the right kind, and if not, swap it out. Ever since I swapped it out, the server runs like a champ. Plus I restored my RAID setup by starting over completely, recreating the logical drives and restored from a backup image I had onto the logical drive. That was a close one! Good luck with yours.

Glen Kelly