1753962 Members
7506 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 10/100 NIC for Windows 2000 Server

Chris Garcia
Occasional Contributor

HP 10/100 NIC for Windows 2000 Server

Where can I find the HP PRO(Set) drivers so that I can enable fault tolerance and/or load balancing between multiple installed NIC cards?
4 REPLIES 4
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 10/100 NIC for Windows 2000 Server

Neil Roach

I too am trying to team multiple NICs under Windows 2000. I have the drivers and have been trying to get this to work, I ended up calling HP support for reference material and none seems to be available. The HP engineers are testing the configuration with these drivers as nobody knows if it is possible!! Does anybody have documentation on configuration?
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

The first set of drivers released for HP NICs for win2k, did not allow for AFT or ALB, but has sense been fixed. Make sure you download the latest drivers from our webapge, remove the old drivers, then add the new ones. You will have to "reinstall the network" and all of it's settings.
Sandy_7
Occasional Contributor

OK after hacking my registry and all sort's of other things here's what I came up with. Download the latest nic drivers from hp, make sure you have the nics completely removed from your system (I had to to delete a few registry keys) then when windows detects you have two choices. 1. Don't accept the default and point it to the diskette you created after downloading the drivers (not what I did) 2. update the drivers after win2k detects the nics and make sure you are ONLY pointing to the diskette (you should get 3 choices, the virtual adapter, a vlan adapter and the actual nic adapter)for your driver choices.