108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Netserver LH II audible alarm

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karri Zellmer
Occasional Contributor

HP Netserver LH II audible alarm

I have an HP Netserver LH II that has an audible alarm sounding continuously. Beep, Beep, Beep, and so on. . . . I cannot find any problems within my o/s (NT 4.0, service pack 4). I just took over the administration for this server (remotely), and inherited this problem. All internal cards have been removed and reseated, as well as the hard drives. All lights are green, by the way. Any ideas as to what may be the cause of the alarm would be very helpful!! Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hy,
you should have inside a netraid card 3si, which handle the logical raid, probably one disk is in fail.
you need to start netraid assistant on the program list (if nt) or load megamgr if novel or unix and then try to start a rebuild on the failed disk (if the rebuild pass, the hdd will be put again on line and the raid will become again redundant otherwise the hdd will stay fail and you need to replace the hdd before rebuilding the raid)
if you doesn't have the on line utility, you need to enter in the expresstools at the boot time pressing Ctrl-M , then perform the sames thinks
bye

marino
Karri Zellmer
Occasional Contributor

Netraid assistant is not on my programs menu. Is it on the Netserver Navigator CD? If so, how do I install it? In browsing my CD I cannot find Netraid Assistant.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

if you want to install it, browse the cd navigator in: periph\netraid\nt\us\setup.exe,
and you will install the utility,
if you don't want to install it, you can start with the Navigator, on the main menu you chose Netserver Utility, then Other Utilities and Nertaid Assistant, this is for off line access

bye

marino