5619 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help netserver 5 166/ls2 bios

SOLVED
Go to solution
Evert_1

Help netserver 5 166/ls2 bios

Please can anyboddy help me to get into the bios. I will start from cd but the server is hanging when there is a bootable disk in the cd-rom.
I have try to push all the key's but it don't work....do i need a proggie for it or what.

sorry for the typo's i'm just a dutch farmer ;)
7 REPLIES 7
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: Help netserver 5 166/ls2 bios

Hi,

Try booting with the HP Navigator CD. Check whether your CD Drive is ok or not. Check the cables and connections.

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

i did not understand exactly what you want to do. but if you are not able to acces the BIOS try to download the last bios upgrade -from the wep -on a floppy ,remove the cd ,boot from the flopy ;after update restart the server and try to acces the bios again
HASSAN
Evert_1

Thanks, but i don't have a navigator cd. Is there not a key combination to get into the bios ? like F1 or DEL
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Evert,

What you need to Enter the BIOS on a LS2 netserver is the Eisa Configuration Utility.
You can run it from Navigator (but, that doesn??t work at your server, you say) or from a bootable floppy diskette.
PLease download it from: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/servers/software/lsecu.exe.html

Hope this helps, let me know if you need additional info.

Marco.
Evert_1

Thanks Marco that is what i need. I don't have the Navigator, can i download it somewhere ?

thanks Evert.

Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

I've got a spare navigator I can miss.

If you e-mail me the shipping address I can send you one.
marco_hogeveen@hp.com

Marco.
Evert_1

Thanks Marco, i have it in the po box today. I will start with it tomorow.

gr.
Evert.