1753670 Members
5107 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to Format HD to Raid 1?

Nai Visuthi_1
Occasional Contributor

How to Format HD to Raid 1?

I have a HP netserver LH4 with two SCSI 9 Gig hd. Problems is how am I going to format these hd's to Raid 1?
Are there any sepcial tools which I must use to format? and how the procedure look like?

Thanks,
Nai
zzz
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: How to Format HD to Raid 1?

What did you mean with "format"?
If you mean create a raid 1,you can start with CTRL-M at boot time, (it is the bios utility for netraid aslo called express-tool), here you can create a new configuration, when created the raid 1 then you need to inizialize it in order to work
You can also use the GUI tool, Netraid assistant, who is present on the cd-Mavigator, just boot from it and locate the tool, proceed as above.
If you want to erase a previous created raid one, just initialize it withe the previous two tools
If you want to low level format a hdd, use the previous two tools
If you want to hight level format the logical disk, use the OS.
bye

marino

Re: How to Format HD to Raid 1?

HI
IF YOUR SERVER HAS RAID CONTROLER,WHICH I THINK IT HAS,YOU GO ON THE BOOT TO CONTROL M, GO TO THE FIRST OPTION,THEN IF YOU HAD ALREADY A RAID CONFIG,AND IF YOU WANT TO DO A NEW ONE,SELECT CLEAR CONFIG,AND CLEAR ALL RAIDS CONFIGS,THEN YOU GO TO NEW CONFIG,SELECT YES,AND HE STARTS TO SCAN DISKS,AND IN THE END YOU SEE
THE 2 DISKS READY,SELECT THEM
WITH SPACE,FINALIZE WITH ENTER,THEN F10,TO CONFIGURE RAID,AND SELECT IN THE SAME MENU ACCEPT 2 TIMES,THEN PRESS ESCAPE AND SAVE,THEN GO TO 2 OPTION AND INITIALIZE
THE RAID,SLECTING WITH SPACE AND F10,THEN ITS READY FOR O.S.ESAPE AND EXIT.
NETSERVERS