108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to remotely install the OS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christian Bieletzki
Frequent Advisor

How to remotely install the OS

I use a HP NetServer LH3000 with the TopTools Remote Control Card. With the integrated TFTP Server function I have the ability to remotely manage bios uptates. Is it also possible to create a boot simage in order to access the cdrom drive to run an automated installation of the server?s nos (WINNT). Otherwise I have no chance to remotely install the NOS because the server?s graphic screen redirection works only if NT is installed.

Christian
Bille
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Medici
Advisor
Solution

You should review the two documents in the APPLICATION NOTES section of the following URL that deal with remote NOS installation:

http://netserver.hp.com/products/papers_remote_card.asp

That will get you started in the right direction.
Christian Bieletzki
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Mark,

that is really goint into the right direction but how can I control the server after the installation. I need to install the PCanywhere Host? So an unattendant Installation is impossible and I can only work with the Image Installation. The only possibility I see here is to call a file after the installation (I think this is an option of the answer file) which automatically installs the pcanywhere host. Do you know if this is possible?
Bille