1751765 Members
4983 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LC3

Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

LC3

WHEN I AM INSTALLING MY BOTH PROCESSORS THEN ERROR MSG COMING STOP ERROR. AND WHEN I INSTALL ONLY ONE PROCESSOR THEN ITS WORKING FINE. I CHECKED WITH BOTH PROCESSORS ONE BY ONE. BOTH ARE WORKING FINE. I ALSO REPLACED THE SYSTEM PROCESSOR BOARD BUT STILL SAME ISSUE.
OS - NT 4.0 (UPDATED)
Everything is Possible+++
5 REPLIES 5
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Bhavnish,

There are several things here:

1. Have you installed a second voltage regulator for the second CPU?

2. Have you cleared the CMOS after installing it?

3. What is the BIOS version of the system board? Has it been updated?

4. Do you have multi-processor support istalled? Check your device manager to make sure. If you have a uniprocessor HAL installed you will need to update it using uptomp.exe

5. Have you checked the stepping levels of the CPU's? they can only be up to 1 step apart from each other.

6. Do both CPU's have the same part number?

When you reply, do me a favour and turn off your Caps-Lock.

Let us know what you find out,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Hi Sean T. Craig,

Thanks to give me reply.

The things you told me that i already done all the activity.
I installed the Second VRM, Clear the NVRAM,
Flash the BIOS its updated, Before this problem comes to my server already two server working on this server. And both CPU's having same part numbers.

When i installed both processors one error msg comes on that STOP (STOP ERROR 0*0000007F) UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

Pls suggest what to do next...

Bhavnish
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Bhavnish,

Okay, so we've taken care of 1, 2, 3 & 6. Also, check this Microsoft KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539/en-us

Now, it's probably not number 4 because it will usually work with a uniproc hal, it just won't detect the second CPU. More importantly is #5. Put in each CPU one at a time and check the stepping level. It doesn't matter that they have the same part number. You can find the stepping level in system information. Let me know what each of the steps are.

Good luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.
I am King...of my apartment.
e4services
Honored Contributor

Intel does claim that there are no issues between Steppings, but I guess HO could have built in an issue. I do doubt it though. Even the uni kernel will still work with both CPU installed, so you do have to wonder if the CPU are the same
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

thnx