Netservers
1753500 Members
3537 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LH-II Keyboard Inop/Locked?

James B

LH-II Keyboard Inop/Locked?

Ive got a Netserver LH-II with an inop keyboard. Im not sure if it became locked because the keybord lock light is not on. The lights on keyboard light up on POST.
I found info in Refrence Guide to enter password.I dont have a password set and I cant find Info on which keys to enter BIos Setup. even if I could use the Keyboard. I dont mean to sound ignorant but I could use some help, Any help is GREATLY Appreciated!!! Thanks
James B
6 REPLIES 6
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: LH-II Keyboard Inop/Locked?

hi
the lock keyboard led usualy is light and if you write the password on your kb, you will desable the lock, did you receive any error at boot, did you check for connection on the right connector (not the mouse one,) did you try with another keyboard. did the scroll lock button work or not?
try to clear cmos and reset passord througt jumpers.
bye
marino
James B

Marino, Thanks for Reply.
Yes I did check its in the right connector, I did try another Keyboard, I did not receive any error message, The scroll lock does not work.
I can not find a jumper to clear cmos. there is no jumper listed on motherboard to clear CMOS..I tried unpluging battery and Power supply. Cmos not clearing??..This problem started when I tried to upgrade CPUs from 2x266MHZ to 2x400MHZ. The system would not boot when jumpers set to 400MHZ..system will boot when set to 366MHz or below but has a bios CPu block error and says to put in HP Navigor CD and press any key, I have CD but No key will respond to load it.. Please advise me on what I should do next, Thanks VERY much, James B
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hy james
to clear the config, you need to move the jumper n.3 on the sw1, the one with the "config valid", you start the server and when on the screen you reed config cleare, you shut down again and remove in the corect position the dip switch.
bye
marino
James B

Marino,
Thanks for the replys.
I Cleared CMOS with the "Config Valid" Jumper. It cleared the CMOS but Keyboard still not working. At boot I get "ISA Config NVRAM Bad Run Config Utility" Message so I know that cmos was Cleared.
Then I get a "ystem CMOS Cksom Bad. Run Cofig Utility"message. It then goes through SCSI Adapter Scan.and then Beeps twice and give a message"press F1 to boot from Utility Partition or insert NetServ Nav CD and hit reset to continue" .I cant continue ,I hit F1 doesnt work , I hit reset it boots and same thing happens Again..Do you have any Ideas?If keyboard was working whatkey sequence is supposed to get you into BIOS setup at boot. ANy more help you could give me would be GREATLY appriciated!!! Thanks
James B
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

on lhii there is no sequence key to enter bios, you need to run ECU (eisa Config Utility) at boot time, I h=have no other suggestion exept try to clear password moving the password jumper , if this doesn't work,.....

bye
marino
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Have you put the old processors back in and try the system again? The LH-II does not support 400MHz processors, even if the jumpers are set to 366MHz. The config more than likely caused the problem.