108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LH Pro and Win2000Pro ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Renato Richina
Frequent Advisor

LH Pro and Win2000Pro ??

I intend to use our old LH PRO server as TopTools Management Console. I would like to use Windows 2000 Professional as operating system. The compatibility matrix on the hp website shows, that LH Pro is certified for Win2000, however I can't find any drivers for this OS.

Has anyone expericences with LH Pro and Windows 2000?
6 REPLIES 6
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Renato,

The LH-Pro is compatible with Windows2000 Server, not professional.
It should work, I think, but it's not supported.
You can use the drivers from Microsoft on the windows2000 CD, HP doesn't have special w2k drivers for the LH-Pro.
Take a look at Microsoft's HCL on http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp and search for LH Pro.

Marco.
frank fung
Advisor

Renato:

I have run the TopTools management console on a LH Pro but on Windows NT 4.0. I was happy with the performance so I replaced it with a LPr. If fact, it doesn't have to be a server. Any new PC will do.

Vernon_2
Frequent Advisor

I have an LH Pro 6/200 running WIN2000 just fine with default install and drivers using the adaptec scsi, as for using the netraid card, I am still working on that one!
Vernon_2
Frequent Advisor

Sorry! And yes it's WIN2000 Pro!
Renato Richina
Frequent Advisor

Hi Vernon

I've just installed Win2000 Pro on the LH PRO server. All hardware (including the NetRaid Adapter) is working fine excepting the graphics card. It has a yellow exclamation mark and says, that it has no free resources. If I check the hardware details, it says, that the various resources are in use of VGASAVE.

I can only have 16 colors and 800x600 resolution.

Do you have this problem too?
Vernon_2
Frequent Advisor

Yes, unfortunately the onboard trident video only supports 16 colors due to it's 512k of memory. If you need better video, like I did use a PCI card and disable the onboard video. There is a small set of dipswitches in the upper right hand corner of the mainboard. #8 off will disable it. Make sure you can find WIN2000 drivers for the card before you buy it. Luckily there isn't much market for old 2 meg cards, I bought a Number Nine for $1.00 on ebay and used compaq drivers for it.